Bank Verification Number popularly known as BVN is a verification which is mandated by the Country’s apex bank- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) – to have BVN following its establishment of a single Biometric Identification System
Each person will be assigned with 11-digit number which you can use to tied down all your banking financial records. Owning a BVN doesn’t mean you can’t open any other Bank Account. Below are some benefit of owning a BVN.
Benefits Of Bank Verification Numbe (BVN)
- Your account is always protected from unauthorized intrusion.
- The universal identifier is applicable to all Nigerian banks.
- You protect yourself from fraud and identity theft.
- Simplicity of using the code will allow you to quickly identify in any bank.
- Banking transactions are orderly and performed without failures. Technical problems will not affect your credit history.
How Get Your BVN In Nigeria
- Visit the branch of any bank where you have an account.
- Tell the bank employee that you want to create your own BVN. He will help you to register.
- Go through the procedure for collecting biometric data. This is a fairly fast process.
- After completing the biometric capture, you will receive the Enrolment Ticket ID.
- It is enough to wait only 48 hours. Very soon, BVN will be delivered to the phone number tied to your account.
How To Check Your BVN On All Network
- If you are subscribed to Glo, first make sure that there are at least 10 Naira on your account. This commission will be charged for the BVN checking.
- Text *565*0# on your phone. Very soon NBV will appear on the screen.
- Copy and write it down
- As an MTN subscriber, simply take your phone and type *565*0#.
- After a short wait, BVN will appear on the mobile phone screen.
Note: It costs 10 Naira for using the service. So it is desirable to write down the BVN somewhere not to check it again and pay every time you perform a check.
- If you are subscribed to Airtel, use the simple combination *565*0#.
- As in the previous cases, the BVN will soon appear on the screen. You will be charged 10 Naira from your account.
- As a user of 9mobile, You still need to dial *565*0#.
- Wait until the BVN number appears on the phone screen.
- Checking the balance, you will notice that 10 Naira were deducted from your account.
You will notice the USSD code is the same for all network, Also the *565*0# code to check BVN number is suitable for customers of such Nigerian banks as GTBank, Zenith Bank, Access Bank, Diamond Bank, First Bank, Union Bank, etc. unless otherwise specified in their rules. You are recommended to write down your BVN and keep it in a safer zone.
Hope This Help?