Talking About The Chipset of the device, The chipset is entirely new and it promises improved battery life since it’s built on a 16nm fabrication node. The RAM’s up to 3GB, and storage has doubled – the XA’s 2GB/16GB allowance was barely acceptable last season, so it’s good to see Sony make amends. One key area where an update opportunity was missed is battery capacity – the original 2,300mAh power pack could have used a bump. But we’re yet to see the battery life improvements that the new chipset brings along.
Basic Specification Of The Sony Xperia XA1
- Display: 5.0″ TFT LCD, 1,280x720px resolution, 294ppi.
- Rear camera: 23MP Type 1/2.3″ sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 24mm-equiv. focal length; autofocus; single LED flash; 1080p/30fps video recording, SteadyShot EIS.
- Front camera: 8MP Type 1/4″ sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 23mm-equiv. focal length; autofocus; 1080p/30fps video recording.
- OS/Software: Android 7.0 Nougat.
- Chipset: 16nm Mediatek Helio P20: Octa-core CPU (4×2.4GHz Cortex-A53 + 4×1.6GHz Cortex-A53), Mali T-880MP2 GPU.
- Memory: 3GB of RAM; 32GB of storage; microSD slot up to 256GB.
- Body: Aluminum frame, polycarbonate back, scratch-resistant glass (>9H pencil hardness).
- Battery: 2,300mAh Li-Ion (sealed); Mediatek Pump Express Plus 2.0 fast charging.
- Connectivity: Single-SIM (model names G3121/3123/3125) and Dual-SIM (G3112/G3116) versions; Cat. 6 LTE (300Mbps/50Mbps); USB Type-C (v2.0); Wi-Fi a/b/g/n; GPS, GLONASS; NFC; Bluetooth 4.2.
- Misc: single bottom-firing loudspeaker, 3.5mm jack, dedicated two-stage hardware shutter release button.